cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rbustos
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Silent install of HP Support Assistant - bypass UAC prompt?

HP Recommended
HP Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I need to do a silent uninstall of the HP Support Assistant, with no user intervention, and I found the command line to do that:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe" /s /v /qn

The only hiccup is the UAC (User Account Control) pop-up that comes up. Does anyone know how to bypass that? I know it's not recommended for all apps but I need it just for the HPSA, as it needs to be uninstalled on hundreds of PCs. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,490 476 754
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rbustos Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Silent install of HP Support Assistant - bypass UAC prompt.

Please disable UAC from the control panel. until it's uninstalled, then you can re-enable UAC.

Here's how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 10:

1. Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.)
  2. Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
  3. Then do one of the following:
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
    • To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click OK.
  4. You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
  5. Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation