Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-13-2020 08:25 AM
Product: HP Desktop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I need to do a silent uninstall of the HP Support Assistant, with no user intervention, and I found the command line to do that:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe" /s /v /qn
The only hiccup is the UAC (User Account Control) pop-up that comes up. Does anyone know how to bypass that? I know it's not recommended for all apps but I need it just for the HPSA, as it needs to be uninstalled on hundreds of PCs. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
10-15-2020 12:30 PM
@Rbustos Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the Silent install of HP Support Assistant - bypass UAC prompt.
Please disable UAC from the control panel. until it's uninstalled, then you can re-enable UAC.
Here's how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 10:
- Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.)
- Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
- Then do one of the following:
- To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
- To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click OK.
- You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
- Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community