Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,578 Views)

Sound Always Too Loud

Product Name: notebook 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I'm listening to anything or watching anything with headphones the volume is always way to loud and i can only ever have it on 2-4, or if the video/audio is quiet occasionally up to 8-10. im running windows 10.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (1,536 Views)

Re: Sound Always Too Loud

Hi @lbau, thanks for reaching out to us. I came across your post and would like to help. Please check if the audio is loud even through speakers. Try using another headphone and check. If issue persists then please uninstall audio drivers: To uninstall a device by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device (audio) that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.

Download the drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/drivers

Restart the notebook post the audio drivers are installed. Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further help. 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation