Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-11-2023 09:11 AM
I get only static when trying to use sound. When trying to adjust the audio no sound balance bar appears. I ran all the diagnostic tests and it does not even see the sound. All drivers are up to date. Would this be the sound card or the speakers? Anyone know?
01-24-2023 08:59 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting audio issues with your notebook, I am glad to assist you.
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
02-10-2023 08:03 AM
I am sorry it took me so long to reply. I gave the laptop to my grandson and just today got to mess with it again. I followed all steps that was outlined in your email. Nothing fixed the issue. I reset the laptop when I gave it to my grandson. The sound worked before resetting. Now, it says it cannot detect any audio hardware. I have updated everything I could find to update. I even replaced speakers and the battery in the tablet portion. The battery was enlarged and soft. I reset the laptop again and still not seeing audio.
02-13-2023 01:22 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing sound issues with HP Laptop.
Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community