Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to get this issue resolved today and it seems that the same problem is back again after 3 hours on the phone with HP technicians. I purchased the computer about a month ago and started having audio problems relatively soon after purchase. Multiple updates have been done to the computer, so I know this is not the issue.

It seems that whenever the computer is in sleep mode for any extended length of time (an hour or more), audio completely stops working, both from the computer itself and from the audio jack, from all apps and websites (Spotify, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) The computer starts working properly as soon as I restart it, but it works only until I put the computer in sleep mode again. Because of this, I am having to restart the computer multiple times a day, which seems ridiculous to me since I just bought the computer last month. Has anyone experienced this and has encountered any solutions to this? I am debating returning this one and getting another one because it is still under warranty. 

The computer also sometimes plays audio solely out of the computer itself and not out of my audio jack when the sound does miraculously work every now and then. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern when this happens, but it has occurred several times where I cannot get sound out of my audio jack even with headphones plugged in. 

I have tried updating the sound driver, using the built in troubleshooter, etc. and the technician I was on the phone with today just updated some other software on my computer that apparently did not help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@eliz123456

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.