Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I've noticed for some time how bad these B&O speakers are.

The sound is not very loud, and if I try to turn it up close to the max, at times the sound comes out distorted (very biased).

So you guys don't think I'm making it up, one perfect example is the below report from Yahoo.

[edit]

Any ideas on how to solve this (if possible at all). This has always afflicted this notebook, I've had it since 2015 or 16, if not mistaken.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jrsousa2,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will do as you say, and then try that link again (please don't delete it, so I can retest with it when I'm done.)

Thanks

HP Recommended

@jrsousa2 Alright, take your time and get back to us with the results,

Good day, and good luck 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Question, even without applying the "patch", I went back to the page to see if the sound played correctly, and it seems

it did.

Now I'm not sure what made the sound distorted to begin with (maybe too many programs running), so am not sure if I still should follow these steps.

Please advise.

HP Recommended

@jrsousa2 If the issue has been resolved, you don't have to perform the suggested steps,

I suggest you bookmark this post and if you do come across the issue in the future (fingers crossed, that you don't), you can use the steps to resolve the issue, once and for all.

I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.