Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No sound from onboard speakers, but my earphones work fine. Similar to problems reported on this forum by Adoanha and GHarry23, but my hardware is different. Commonality is WINDOWS 10 and the fact that our speakers used to work and now they don't.  They reported changes occurring after a Windows update. I believe mine coincided with a BIOS update.

I have done every troubleshooting step possible but I have not touched the BIOS settings.  I think the fix for this has to come from HP and I WOULD APPRECIATE SOMEONE FROM HP TELLING US THEY ARE WORKING ON IT.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I have tried everything suggested by the HP Bots and nothing works and no one is reachable.  Very frustrating.   Good luck.

HP Recommended

After no response from HP, I posted a link to my HP post onto TWITTER.

@HPSupport Does anyone from HP read its support forum? Here's my problem. (I pasted in a link to my post.)

> The Response from HP:
Thanks for reaching out.
I see that you are facing issues with your HP product wherein there is no audio in the speakers but headphones do work.
I suggest that you follow the steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04973149
Let me know if this helps.

> My Reply to Their Response:
I watched the video near the start of the page you referred me to. Then, as suggested in the video, I went to the Support Assistant and downloaded the latest version of the Support Assistant. I went to run the troubleshooting but before I got past the first click, the sound was working. Updating the Support Assistant software would not have fixed the PC's sound. But the sound is working now, so I am a little happy but a lot confused. You can close this ticket. Thanks.

> My conclusion:
My PC is working now, but I'm not sure why. It is possible that updating the Support Assistant to the latest version and then CLICKING ON AUDIO CHECK might have fixed it. I doubt it, but who knows. I'm moving on, still wondering if HP reads their forum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.