Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z27 (2TB68A4) monitor
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, my new Z27 monitor (model 2TB68A4) has an audio output jack which I want to use to connecto to external speakers. My PC recognises the Z27 audio out channel (the monitor is connected via USB-C) but no sound is output via the port. Is this supposed to work at all? The manual only mentions the output jack but nothing else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am not fortunate enough to have the 4K Z27.  But I do have the Z27N and the audio out port works as expected from a USB-C connection (MacBook Pro 16" Catalina) as well as an HDMI connection (Nintendo Switch).  I would expect yours to as well.  A couple of notes:

1. Make sure the Power Mode on the monitor is set to Performance and not Power Save.  You can access this through the On Screen Display (OSD) Power Mode menu of the monitor.

2. The audio out jack is just line level.  There is no software volume control.  So make sure the speaker(s) you are using are self amplified.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am not fortunate enough to have the 4K Z27.  But I do have the Z27N and the audio out port works as expected from a USB-C connection (MacBook Pro 16" Catalina) as well as an HDMI connection (Nintendo Switch).  I would expect yours to as well.  A couple of notes:

1. Make sure the Power Mode on the monitor is set to Performance and not Power Save.  You can access this through the On Screen Display (OSD) Power Mode menu of the monitor.

2. The audio out jack is just line level.  There is no software volume control.  So make sure the speaker(s) you are using are self amplified.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Success!!

(actually audio is even functioning  in Power Save mode)

thanks a bunch. This is beautiful

J.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.