Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 11

Product: 644F0UA 

Serial: [Personal Information Removed]

Name: HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC 15-eu1000 (4V9Q2AV)

So I've been scouring the internet and tried the hp assistant as well as manually downloading drivers to no avail. When I'm watching hulu or something the audio is very very quiet. However, I followed the troubleshooting steps I found and attempted to configure my sound. When I hit "test" it is quite loud. I can objectively verify this because the sound slider shows how loud something is. During the test it hits max volume on the slider, but when hulu is on it is maybe 20%? I checked that hulu is turned up all the way, as well as my system sound level. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @royrogers69

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing audio-related issues when you use Hulu on your system. We would like to look into it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

Could you tell me if it happens only while using the Hulu application?

Are you using it on the web or have you downloaded the application?

I would suggest you perform a sign-in sign-out from the web version and reinstallation if the Hulu application is downloaded.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, it is not just hulu. Other apps, such as gaming also show the same issue. However, youtube does not. Nor does the "Test" function microsoft provides for sounds. I can watch the volume sensor in setting go up to 80-100 when watching youtube or testing, but hulu and games stay at around 20% max.

I think it is some sort of software detection issue, since some things do play much louder than others. 

HP Recommended

Alright.

Thanks for getting back.

May I know when was the last time it was working fine?

Have you tried updating Windows to check if the issue persists?

We can also try reinstalling the drivers from the device manager. Please follow the steps below and let me know.

1. Type Device Manager and Open it.
2. Double-Click on the category "Audio inputs and outputs".
3. Under this category, right-click on the driver of your audio output device and Uninstall.

4. Restart your computer. It will automatically search and install the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This is a brand new device. I don't need any updates. Removing the driver and restarting had no effect. This is really disappointing considering I can't even watch something with a fan on nearby. It is so quiet that it is basically unwatchable. Again, when I click "Test" under System > Sound > Properties I get the full volume from the speakers. In that same tab, I can watch the volume monitor spike to full. Watching hulu, maybe 20% maximum.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

It isn't just hulu. This is definitely an HP issue. My wife has an hp with the same issue and we have to use an external speaker for literally everything. Netflix does the same thing. But when I hit "test" in settings it is loud as a bell and, again, I can watch the speaker monitoring software spike way up. But in applications it is 10-20% loudness tops.

I'm not sure I'll be purchasing another HP in the future. Good thing I'm still in my return window. I'm not the only one to have had these issues, but the other solutions haven't worked for me.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-17-Low-speaker-volume/td-p/6229651

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c06937326

EDIT: Forgot to add. Not sure if this is relevant, but I am unable to switch to any format and it is stuck on 16 bit 48000 hz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.