Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have an HP Spectre x360 15.6 inch. I have got a similar sound problem. There is no sound from the speakers even if the volume is on 100%.  My product number is Z4Z38UAR#ABA and the version is 1.1720.2.0 \ 1.1720.2.0. I have tried all your recommended solutions but nothing has worked out. I would greatly appreciate it if a solution would be provided asap.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Mugove,

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with external headphones? Does the issue persist?

Try the steps recommended below.

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click Properties.
  3. Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
  4. Select OK.

Step 1. Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar.

Step 2. Select Playback devices.

Step 3. Go to the Playback tab.

Step 4. Right click the device you're using.

Step 5. Select Enable from the right pane.

Step 6. Highlight the device.

Step 7. Click the Set Default button below.

Step 8. Click the OK.

Try updating the BIOS and audio drivers on the PC and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Also, update the audio drivers using this link. Click Here

If you still have issues, try the steps recommended below.

Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek or IDT High-Definition Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio (a little bit sneaky, wouldn’t you say?).
Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
Select Browse my computer for driver software.
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek or IDT High-Definition Audio.
At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

background intelligent transfer service (BITS) transfers files (downloads or uploads) between a client and server and provides progress information related to the transfers. If the BITS service is turned off, windows update may have problems delivering files to your computer.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test from your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great weekend ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After a long search and reading number of posts finally I would recommend the following setting that i have personally found to be working. After the latest Windows 10, version 1903 update the sound was mute and after multipal test and tries I have found the following solution.

1. Open device manager. Audio inputs and outputs are fine just leave them as is.

devicemanager.PNG

2.  Select "Realtek(R) Audio" below "Sound, video and game controllers" and update the driver. For some reason the windows update dose not install this specific driver and it has to be done manually. 

DM Select.PNG

Good Luck!!

HP Recommended

Hi Together,

the second solution works.

Thanks

HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.