Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A couple of days ago my sound stopped working on my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx laptop. I have tried every solution that HP has told me to do as well as some fixes on Google and nothing has worked. I have gotten the sound back probably twice but only for 5 minutes until it stops working again. This is becoming extremely frustrating and I really hope someone has answers for me! Would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. I contacted HP support and they told me to restore the Windows on my computer, I installed it again and the problem persisted. I've tried every method available to fix the problem, from updating the drives and reinstalling the BIOS to reinstalling Windows. Neither worked and the sound continues to suddenly stop. It's been very frustrating, I'm having classes at home and suddenly the audio stops and I have to put a headphone. The problem is not in the hardware itself either, because I tested it with the HP agent outside the Windows system. It must be a compatibility issue with the new versions of the Windows and the drivers. I'm still waiting a proper response from HP to help me fix this.

HP Recommended

@rachelm20 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with audio.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

• Windows Audio is a Windows service that manages audio for Windows-based programs. If at all this service is stopped due to any reason, audio devices will not function properly.  
    To fix audio services, open the run command and launch services.msc.  

• In the services window search for Windows Audio and right-click on it to select Start to start the audio service. 

• And ensure the Startup Type is set to Automatic. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

Restart the computer and check if it works. 

If the issue persists, try the steps mention on this link: Click here. 

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.