Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Presario CQ60
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have Presario CQ60 and Windows 10 64-bit (full update) - service tag CQ60-120EW.
Windows 10 has been installed on Windows 7 without any problems. Everything worked until one of the automatic updates of Win 10. After that the sound does not work anymore. I can see the correct speaker icon, I can change the volume level, in the Device Manager everything is looking fine, but no sound.

After factory reboot of Win 10, everything works fine again until one of the automatic updates of Win 10.

I tried to find suitable drivers, unfortunately I did not succeed.

Can you help me?

My Best...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe, then click on the Boot tab.

Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 3072, and restart the PC.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Palmrad

Please try to download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply but is not working. I get a message that the detected device is not supported by IDT.
In Device Manager I have as audio: Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221 and High Definition Audio compatible device.
Any another idea? Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe, then click on the Boot tab.

Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 3072, and restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul,

Your suggestion was helping me in 100%. Now everything is working fine.

My Best Regards

Radek

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I found the problem was with the 64bit version of Windows 10.

Speakers worked after changing to the 32 bit version.

The suggestion of changing the Maximum memory box value to 3072 didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

Paul, I just signed up in this forum in order to say THANK YOU for your amazing solution.

During the last year or more I had tried everything on internet but nothing worked. Your answer is the only one I could find offering this solution. 

You are a real HP EXPERT! Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Paul,

I've also registered in the forums just to thank you! It's been months since I had this problem, and your solution WORKS!!

I can confirm that your msconfig trick to limit the amount of RAM works wonderfully with Windows 10 64 bit, running on my Compaq Presario CQ60 laptop.

I've even upped the RAM a little bit more, and I've noticed that using a value of 3584 also works! I'll keep upping the number until I find the absolute maximum for my laptop.

Thanks a million!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.