Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 2020 EK-0023TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, this post is kind of a continuation of my last post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Right-speaker-distorting/m-p/7876066

So, I contacted HP Service Center and they said that it is a hardware issue and my speakers need to be replaced. I went ahead with the procedures because I didn't want to wait another month or so to get a new Laptop. After the support people showed up at my door and replaced the speakers, the issue still persisted but had instead transferred to the left speaker. Now, this is a very weird thing to have happened so, the support people resorted to trying out some Software Updates and drivers, and after about an hour, they were able to make it work up to the extent that it wasn't too annoying. As my work was being hindered, I let them go and closed the case. 

Now, I think there was a self-diagnosis and fixing of some kind by the HP Support Assistant on my laptop and unfortunately, we're back to square one with the right speaker being distorted. 

At this point, I'm fairly certain that it's a software problem (or a very high level hardware problem) but fact is that I have no clue how to fix it. The support assistant is of no use as it made the problem worse at the first place, I tried uninstalling the drivers completely and installing them from HP's website but for some reason, the drivers don't get installed? Like I run the file and the command prompt opens up showing a "Done" but nothing works. I would have to go to the support assistant again which then installs the faulty drivers for me. Even the suggestion given in the previous post did not work because after the drivers were uninstalled, they remained uninstalled until I ran the Support Assistant. 

Now, at this point, I'm VERY frustrated and I don't know what to do. I've always been a Dell user and I've never had such petty problems in their laptops. If someone from support is reading this or facing the same issue, please let me know the solution and a full step-to-step guide on installing drivers from HP's website. If this doesn't get resolved in the next 3 days, I'm returning this laptop and going back to Dell. Literally the worst experience ever. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sash19

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the version of Windows you are using?

First, update the BIOS from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111193.exe

Once the BIOS is updated, download and install the audio driver from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110379.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.