cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Speaker volume goes down unexpectedly after update from Windows Update (Pavilion 15-cw100)

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cw100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Speaker volume goes down unexpectedly after update from Windows Update (Pavilion 15-cw100). I found the solution AFTER a very unnecessarily long support chat session with HP. This has happened to me twice in the 2 weeks that I have had this brand new laptop. Both times was after a windows update. The issue is fixed now but I want to know if this is an ongoing issue that is going to keep happening every time I have a windows update? The HP person I spoke to assured it won't happen again but I don't have much confidence in that answer, considering they also told me that HP did not have a published solution for this known issue after I repeatedly asked for instructions for my future reference. I was told "not to worry, it won't happen again". Well forgive me for being skeptical, but it has already happened twice. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,219 112,399 18,044 27,547
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you as it specifically addresses your notebook's model series...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Speaker-volume-goes-down-unexpectedly-after-update-from...

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation