Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The sound out of my speaker is too low. I have tried both updating and restoring the plugin but no change. I have gone through the speaker advanced menu in speaker properties but there is no improvement. Please help me get most out of this amazing laptop which is supposed to have great bang and olufsen speakers.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Miten_123

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the volume from speakers is too low.

I’d love to help!

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it (it’s usually 'speakers & headphones’) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and test.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

thank you for the advise. Unfortunately, when I go to speakers (conexant ISST Audio), and go to enhancements it only shows endpoint name, and system effects configuration (disable all sound option).

Looking forward to your advise.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @Miten_123

I recommend you to uninstall the audio driver from device manager and restart the computer. Windows will automatically install the driver once you restart the computer.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I rolled back my driver to version 9.0.75.1 instead of 9.0.134.1 and the volume is blasting through the room

I would recommend that you stick to this version and do NOT update to the latest version if you want your speakers to work decently

HP Recommended

How is this done on my Notebook? HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 18362.418

HP Recommended

I dont think this problem exists anymore, I am using this driver 10.0.18362.1 18/03/2019 and everything is running perfectly

HP Recommended

Volume is too low on my computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.