cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Speakers are not working after updating and restart.

HP Recommended
15g-dr0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Team,

I just bought the Laptop, the model is 15g-dr0xx. The windows updates gives latest drivers update. 

The updated drivers installed successfully and I restarted the laptop. After the restart, the speakers are not working. The speakers not giving any output sound.

Please check this issue and help to resolve it.

Thanks,

Prasad Deshpande.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,393 41,640 4,551 11,985
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 has troubleshooters that are part of the operating system. I do recommend that you use them.

In the search box. type in audio problems.

The playing audio troubleshooter utility should be invoked. See the image below.

audio troubleshooter.png

Click on the next button to start the troubleshooter.

You can also use the HP Support Assistant to see if there is a new sound driver available.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI Eric,

I performed the steps mentioned above. The sound problem is solved by me from device manager.

I need  inputs as I am getting following error after troubleshooting steps performed.

ErrorImage.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,393 41,640 4,551 11,985
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a reason you have not installed the Audio driver for Windows 10 that is available from the support portal for your notebook?

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation