12-07-2018 03:45 PM
My speakers suddenly stopped working.
No sounds are coming from headphones too. They come only from my monitor's speaker.
I have tried to check if it's muted and reinstall drivers through device manager and computer manager-services.
Troubleshooting says that sound is working properly. Sound mixer is showing, that it's working correctly too.
Is this hardware issue? Thank you.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-09-2018 04:05 AM - edited 12-09-2018 04:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the audio.
Appreciate you trying the steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help!
Let's try these steps -
Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -
1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -
1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer.
Step 3 Download and install the Audio and BIOS update -
Step 4 Run the Audio test -
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the Audio test.
Hope this helps!
Let me know how that goes.
To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the blue "Thumbs up".
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee