Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Linux

Everyhing seems to work right out of the box, but fingerprint reader and top speakers.

Bottom side speakers work just fine.

I've found this related topic.

I'm running latest Ubuntu 18.04 beta2, with kernel 4.15.0-15-generic

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You are way past the kernel version mentioned in that article so your kernel should have the Code change. 

You might want to look at this:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture/Troubleshooting#Fix_wrong_aud...

I suspect you will have to add some configuration lines to the ALSA settings. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for pointing that out. I've tried using HDA Analizer but I wasn't able to change the pin 0x1d.

Is there anything you can suggest me to accomplish the later?

HP Recommended

I think you may have to do it with a text editor using the command line and editing the alsa configuration settings. There may not be a GUI for it. 

HP Recommended

I actually managed to make HDAJackRetask work, by temporarily disabling  PulseAudio. That way, I was able to apply the changes in pin assignments, but no luck so far making upper speakers work.

Maybe the patch mentioned in the link is not the same as the one required in my hw. Pin 0x1d is initially configured as mic, so I don't believe it is an unconnected speaker pin for this particular hw version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.