Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@NavyA6bn @bbrown92584

Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Navy A6. I have tried to reinstall the driver but as you mentioned, the "auto plugnplay" feature just recognizes the hardware and reinstalls the suspect driver which is configured to point to the existing onboard files. I uninstalled the bad driver and tried to install the older version (see below) but it won't go. I googled a way to undo that process but the files and configuration process is lengthy and not totally clear. There is also a program that does it for you, but when I went to download it, my AV software said it's infected.

Here is the link to the step by step process, oddly enough it uses the Realtek audio driver as its example.

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/completely-remove-uninstall-drivers-windows-10.html

At the end of the instructions, they recommend the free program I mentioned above.

There is an older version of the driver on the HP site in the drivers download section, its called SP92549.exe, dated Nov 9, 2018, it's version 6.0.1.8544 Rev F. This is the one for my laptop which is a 17m-bw0013dx. 

I see the latest response above is that you/me should contact HP support, but I'm out of warranty. I think you said you are still in warranty, so maybe you can get their help easier/cheaper than I can. I hate to pay for something that is their problem.

Hope this helps some. If you find a solution, please let me know. Thanks. Bob

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I was having the same issue and may have a solution.

I downloaded this realtek driver https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=4813c037-853a-49b1-8dc8-ea9b...

extract to folder. go to device manager right click realtek audio, update driver, browse my computer, browse (point to folder with downloaded driver).

New driver should be installed, version 6.0.8899.1

So far Skype and Teams working ok.

Hope this is the solution!!

HP Recommended

Hi Brian

I downloaded the file as you listed. It wouldnt allow me to update it a nd says I have the best file already (yeah, right).

Perhaps you have a different laptop.

My setup is:

ENVY 17M-bw0013dx, Ser # [edited].

The suspect Realtek driver is 10.0.18362.1 dated 3/18/19.

Clearly we are on to the solution but the devil is in the details.

BTW I just downloaded another good-sized update for Win 10 ver 1903 before I tried to install your file.

It did not install the updated Realtek file.

Then I tried yours and got the results above.

Any suggestions? What model is your laptop?

Bob

Bob

HP Recommended

Hi bob,

My system is HP ENVY Laptop 17-bw0xxx. 

I think the 10.0.18362.1 driver is microsoft not realtek. All the Realtek drivers are 6.0.8xxxx

Did you follow the instructions exactly? What was the message when it wouldn't install?

You have to download the cab file. then extract the files to a folder.

then go to device manager,  find Realtek audio and right click, update driver

image.png

then click browse my computer for driver software.

image.png

Select the folder where you extracted the cab files and it should install the drivers.

Hope this helps, regards,

Brian

HP Recommended

Hi Brian:

Finally! Works. No actual error message, just came back with the message of "you already have the most current version installed".

Turns out it was a problem related to the extraction of the CAB files. I thought the files were extracted but they weren't. I was looking at the zipped folder with the Zip extractor program and seeing the files. I needed to do an "extract all" operation and then point to that folder with the update process.

Also, I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1909) and all is still good.

Thank you again for your extra help.

Bob

HP Recommended

Hi Brian / Bob - I followed your guidance but ran into problems. I was able to download the CAB zip file and then extracted the files into a local folder on my computer. However, when I went to Device Manager/Audio Inputs Outputs/RealTel microphone array and right clicked on "update driver" and selected the local folder with the extracted files, I received a message box that stated the latest driver is already installed. Screen Shot below. I know I am so close to getting this fixed. Any additional help would be appreciated. Thank you. -- Mat

Driver Install Attempt Screen Shot.jpg

HP Recommended

HI Mat,

you could try to uninstall the realtek driver (delete from computer).

Disconnect you internet. then reboot. in device manager you should see unidentifed device.

Go through the previous process to install the driver.

Let me know how you get on.

Brian

HP Recommended

Brian - I will give that a try this weekend and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for advice and help. Best, Mat

HP Recommended

Hi NAvy> I had the exact same problem. I thought the cab files were extracted, but they weren't actually unzipped. GO thru the extract program again, putting the files into another folder called files or maybe files2. Open the files2 folder and be sure the files are there. If you see the files but only inside of the UNZIP program, then they are NOT unzipped yet. Do the extract program again and create a different name for the folder. Then when you go thru the update process the files will be found.

After installing the proper driver the mike works fabulously. I also did the latest update to bring WIndows to version 1909. Everything works great.

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.