2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Static noise instead of audio when plugging in headphones

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G3 T7V56EA#ABN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

So when trying to use the headphones with the 3,5mm jack all I get is static noise, no other sounds at all whatever I was supposed to listen to. The speakers works fine and so do bluetooth speakers. I have updated the Conexant ISST Audio driver to the newest without any signs of improvement, rolled the driver back again with the same result. It does not matter if the laptop is plugged in or is running on battery, noise is still there. The HD Audio generic driver does not yield results either. 

The static does die if you don't play any sounds, but reappear when you try to play something or adjust the volume.

I'm all out of good ideas so I am all yours, is the motherbord just shoddy? 

Yours sincerely,

Tom

Running the latest BIOS 01.37 Rev.A from Jan-15-19

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,897 93,554 12,294 26,134
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Thomas8451 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp94501-95000/sp94989.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Conexant HD Audio) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Thomas8451
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, @banhien.

I did as you suggested but unfortunatly it did not yield any results. Same old static beep noise. Though when I tried to play some audio the pitch of the noise did increase. 

Yours sincerely,

Tom

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation