Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion x360 convertible 14-cd1xxx

My hp laptop "hp pavilion x360 convertible 14-cd1xxx" speaker is releasing a static sound along with normal audio when playing any video which makes playing audio unbearable and I dont know how to fix it?? can someone please help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @yourgotenks,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Let's reinstall the Audio driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Inputs & Outputs and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Also update the BIOS from this Link using the product serial number and current OS. 

If the issue persists, you can perform a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

As a last resort, I suggest you back up your data and perform a Reset and that should definitely fix it

Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.