Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I tried that and I noticed that the Realtek I2S Audio shows "unavailable" in the Apps and features tab.

HP Recommended

@DJRICHLOVE thanks for the reply,

I understand that Realtek I2S audio shows unavailable.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Select the Audio inputs and outputs n the device manager.
     Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.
     Click Browse my computer for driver software.
     Click, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and see if you can choose one of the drivers that usually appear there.

Also please update the Realtek audio high definition codec from Realtek website below.

Link: http://hp.care/2d55pWl

Note: Download windows 10 64 bit, Version R2.79

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The only only drivers that show up are: 

Audio endpoint

Genneric Software Device

Regards,

DJRICHLOVE

HP Recommended

@DJRICHLOVE, Thanks for the reply.

I understand you still have issues in getting the stereo mix function.

Please try performing the steps recommended below.

Right-click on the speaker icon and select Recording Devices.
- Once open, right click on the default mic and select Properties.
- Click Listen tab and remove the check on "Listen to this device" if it has check on it.
- Next is to click on Levels tab then set Microphone Boost to 0.0dB.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still having issues with this one.

My Envy has the Conexant Hd audio with the Bang & Olufsen.

For some reason when i update the driver to try and install the realtek driver it installs the Conexant driver back.

I was gonna take my laptop to Bestbuy and have the Geek Squad try to remove the Bang Olufsen and install Realtek but they want to charge me 150.00 I know I must be missing somthing here. I just cant figure is out.  I must be doing something wrong.

HP Recommended

Hi! @DJRICHLOVE, thanks for the response.

Please try the following steps.

1. Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.
3. In Device Manager, expand category Sound, video, and game controllers.
4. Under this category, right-click on Conexant Audio device name, then select Update Driver Software.
5. Click Browse my Computer for driver software.
6. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
7. Click Have Disk...

8. Click Browse button and navigate to the location where you put the downloaded file, then follow the instructions.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried everything above...even manually installed realtek driver...and...it's not showing. I need the stereo mix to use in audacity...can someone help?

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Wow I got a "badge" for filing a complaint. That you could program. No idea how to address an audio driver problem in your hardware though - those guys left for greener pastures years ago. You cannot support your products. You are a dead company, HP.

I will give HP a "badge" intead of cash when they ask me to pay for a piece of hardware that is full of bugs that they do not even know how to fix. 

HP is going down the tubes as Dell did before them. These companies do not learn. They seem to follow the last one into the abyss of mediocrity, incompetence, and ignorance until they are all out of jobs and wondering why "Mexicans are taking our jobs." 

HP Recommended

MikeTheTinTin - I believe I have a solution to the fundamental problem - recording without mic interference. I have to test it but if you are still watching this thread I will post the solution here once it is tested (it's on HP's website, so my guess is you are not wasting your time, but there is no other way to reach you).

Stay tuned.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.