cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
10 9 1 1
Message 1 of 22
Flag Post

Solved!

Stereomix says "Not plugged in" when headphones are connected.

HP Recommended
HP Probook 470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I want to record stereomix when my headphones are plugged in. When I plug in my headphones, the Stereo Mix says "Not plugged in." I have tested this with three pairs of headphones and the problem only occurs with headphones that have a built in mic - so have three rings on the mini jack input.

Even if I disable the External Microphone in sound settings, the Stereo Mix still says Not plugged in.

Conexant ISST Audio. 

However, as soon as I unplug the headphones, or plug in headphones without a built in mic - two rings on the mini jack input, the Stereo Mix becomes available.

Is there any way to enable the Stereo Mix with other headphones plugged in?

Please note, I do not use USB headphones or microphone. 

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,673
Message 2 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the "Sound" app within "Control Panel" look like this:

Capture.JPG

to let you choose which "input" is to be active?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
10 9 1 1
Message 3 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like thisIt looks like this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 4 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I started to have the same problem since I reinstalled an old version of the conexant driver.

I had to do it because the May version of Conexant audio drivers creates problems of high processor utilization

(see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/td-p/6520063/page/1...)

There is a way to activate stereo mix with headphones are connected ?!?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
10 9 1 1
Message 5 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, have you managed to overcome the problem? Or do you still have it with the new version of the drivers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i don't want to install latest version because has worst problems!!!

(see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/td-p/6520063/page/1...)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In reality also my old driver version (9.0.157.10) has the cpu usage problems but not has the others problems of the latest version...

however I have the problem of not being able to record from the steromix input if I have headphones connected ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 8 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, it not depends on the driver version but on headphones type(the first post said this...)

For me is solved!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,673
Message 9 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I want to record ...

What software are you using to save the recording?

What options does it have, e.g., "line-in", "Microsoft Sound Mapper", "internal microphone", "external microphone" ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 10 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Audacity

Stereomix

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation