Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I want to record stereomix when my headphones are plugged in. When I plug in my headphones, the Stereo Mix says "Not plugged in." I have tested this with three pairs of headphones and the problem only occurs with headphones that have a built in mic - so have three rings on the mini jack input.

Even if I disable the External Microphone in sound settings, the Stereo Mix still says Not plugged in.

Conexant ISST Audio. 

However, as soon as I unplug the headphones, or plug in headphones without a built in mic - two rings on the mini jack input, the Stereo Mix becomes available.

Is there any way to enable the Stereo Mix with other headphones plugged in?

Please note, I do not use USB headphones or microphone. 

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Does the "Sound" app within "Control Panel" look like this:

Capture.JPG

to let you choose which "input" is to be active?

HP Recommended

It looks like thisIt looks like this

HP Recommended

Hi,

I started to have the same problem since I reinstalled an old version of the conexant driver.

I had to do it because the May version of Conexant audio drivers creates problems of high processor utilization

(see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/td-p/6520063/page/1...)

There is a way to activate stereo mix with headphones are connected ?!?!

HP Recommended

So, have you managed to overcome the problem? Or do you still have it with the new version of the drivers?

HP Recommended

i don't want to install latest version because has worst problems!!!

(see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/td-p/6520063/page/1...)

HP Recommended

In reality also my old driver version (9.0.157.10) has the cpu usage problems but not has the others problems of the latest version...

however I have the problem of not being able to record from the steromix input if I have headphones connected ...

HP Recommended

Sorry, it not depends on the driver version but on headphones type(the first post said this...)

For me is solved!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

> I want to record ...

What software are you using to save the recording?

What options does it have, e.g., "line-in", "Microsoft Sound Mapper", "internal microphone", "external microphone" ???

HP Recommended

Audacity

Stereomix

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.