Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ce1020tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has this strange sound emitting from the speaker when I play music at volume 10 or higher. It sounds as if the keyboard is vibrating when it is not. This  has happened before but it went away after like 2 weeks. And now its back. I used HP Audio Check and it said everything is fine and passed the test. Any solutions to solve this issue? Is it a hardware problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TuitionB Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Any recent hardware or software changes made to your PC?

Could you check if the noise appears on headphones when connected to the same device?

(If it's not the speakers/headphones, the only other thing that could cause the noise (apart from an actual cricket stuck inside 😛 ) is the CPU Fan)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had actually factory reset the computer a few times as I needed to get rid of some school related programs on my laptop. I used the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool as i could not remove it completely. My updates havent been properly downloaded since then. HP support program tells me to keep installing software updates that i already have downloaded. Noise does not appear on the headphones when plugged in. The problem comes and goes, sometimes, the issue will arise while other times it would work just fine.

HP Recommended

@TuitionB I suggest we perform an extensive hardware test to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Also, please make use of the HP website to download the latest updates for your software/drive if HP Support Assistant is being used and it isn't working properly, you may want to reinstall it from the programs & features under control panel.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Extensive Component test done yield no failures and there are no updates to my HP Support programs currently. I am unable to check if my HP Support program is the latest version too.

HP Recommended

@TuitionB Possibly an issue with the speakers, considering the noise doesn't appear when headphones are connected, and the fact that hardware tests have passed, it means there are no technical issues that can be fixed via BIOS upgrade as such, it seems to be a bad speaker and it may require a replacement, hence I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.