Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have a problem with my new HP envy 13

After a while listening to music or videos sound first gets very low, slow and finally gets stutter, no matter what app caused the stutter but it gets stuck like that until i close the app and start it again

I checked all the drivers and even uninstalled and reinstalled the ones regarding sound

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @jrgrille – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out. This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are having audio issues with the HP Envy notebook. Try using the HP guided solutions to try and fix the issue. Check here: http://hp.care/2dp5pwy

If the issue still persists, try the steps below:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “Realtek high definition audio CODEC” (It might be a different brand as well) and select “Update driver software”.
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not Realtek High Def...  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
  • Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @jrgrille – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out. This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are having audio issues with the HP Envy notebook. Try using the HP guided solutions to try and fix the issue. Check here: http://hp.care/2dp5pwy

If the issue still persists, try the steps below:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “Realtek high definition audio CODEC” (It might be a different brand as well) and select “Update driver software”.
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not Realtek High Def...  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
  • Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks, it was kind of curious and misleading to have two times High definition audio SST under Sound, video and game controllers and another time under speaker controllers. But in the end were the first ones creating the problem

Thanks for the assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.