cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Sudden loss of onbord audio (speakers and headphones)

HP Recommended
15s-eq1351ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As many others have recently posted, I have experienced a sudden loss of onboard audio devices - the speakers and the headphone jack no longer work.  I can still connect to audio via Bluetooth and HDMI.  I have performed all of the diagnostics through HP and Windows but they do not detect a problem.

As far as I can tell, this has happened since an automatic driver update from Windows.  I rolled back all possible audio drivers to no avail.  I performed a system restore which temporarily solved my problem, however I wasn´t quick enough to disable to automatic driver updates, and now I can now longer use an old enough restore point, one before these drivers where installed.  I prefer not to reinstall Windows, however this is looking like my only option until there is a new update rolled out.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still looking for some assistance with this issue.. have not been able to find a solution yet..

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I´ve finally found the problamatic driver.

Windows 10 automatically updated a driver called "Sound Research Corp. - SoftwareComponent - 2.0.9.18".
This version is the cause of my loss of audio.  I was unable to revert this driver to an older version, so I decided to delete the driver entirely. Upon restarting the computer, Windows shows in Device Manager, under SoftwareComponents - Sound Research Audio Effects Component - version 2.0.9.17.  I now have full audio capabilties. 

Hopefully this is helpful for anyone else having this problem!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation