Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I restore the Realtek HD Audio Manager which is Missing in from the control pane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Brian1944 

The following is the procedure to install drivers from a .CAB file -- but it sounds like you already did this:

- Extract the cab file to a directory using winrar
- Open the Device Manager in admin mode
- Select the device and Click "Update Driver Software..."
- Browse and select the folder where you have extracted the cab
- Installs the driver

I've done this numerous times and it works OK for me.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Brian1944 

That application is installed along with the RealTek HD Audio drivers.

If you run HP Support Assistant, it should go online, find the proper drivers, download them, and install them for you.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Used HP Support Assistant and was told everything was up to-date. Been to Realtek web site and downloaded latest driver for Windows 10. The version I have is 6.0.1.8186. Still no sign of Audio Manager in Control Panel.

HP Recommended

@Brian1944 

OK, understand -- but you can get the latest driver -6.0.9000.1 -- from here: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

I installed this a couple of days ago and it works fine.

HP Recommended

Download the cab file and had to temporary install a zip programme to open said file. I placed the files to a folder on my computer. I then tried to update my Realtek driver. The message back was best driver for this computer is installed. From the web I noted that you could open a cab file by using the extract all button. This is missing from the menu. I have been on the web and tried various methods within my capabilities [an 77 years old with limited computer savvy]. Please can you help me.

HP Recommended

@Brian1944 

The following is the procedure to install drivers from a .CAB file -- but it sounds like you already did this:

- Extract the cab file to a directory using winrar
- Open the Device Manager in admin mode
- Select the device and Click "Update Driver Software..."
- Browse and select the folder where you have extracted the cab
- Installs the driver

I've done this numerous times and it works OK for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.