Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X-360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello!  I recently had to get a new phone and my new phone only uses the USB-C type headphones.  Am I able to use any of the USB-C ports on my computer for audio or do I need to get a adapter dongle to convert the audio aux port to a USB-C audio port.  If it's the latter, is there an adapter that is recommended?  I am only finding USB-C male to Aux Audio female adapters and it would need to be the other way around.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I received my headphones the other day and they do work perfectly using the USB-C ports! 

For my desktop computer at work I am going to try and USB-C female to USB-A male adapter and see if that works.  If not I'll just continue to use my regular headphones at work but it would be nice to use the new ones since they're a higher quality. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Smote Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to use the USB-C type headphone with Spectre X-360.

It looks like your device may not support a USB Type-C headphone, however, it should work with an HP USB-C™ to USB 3.0mm and 4.5mm Adapter, you can connect any normal headphone that uses a 3.5mm and 4.5mm barrel connectors to your USB adapter that should work.

Refer to this article for details: Click here under "Features and compatibilities of USB-C adapters".

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I received my headphones the other day and they do work perfectly using the USB-C ports! 

For my desktop computer at work I am going to try and USB-C female to USB-A male adapter and see if that works.  If not I'll just continue to use my regular headphones at work but it would be nice to use the new ones since they're a higher quality. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.