biff50
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Useless combo port on notebook

HP Recommended
Elitebook 830 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why would notebook manufacturers put useless ports on a notebook? The combo port is no such thing, it is a four pin headphone port as it cannot see any external microphones, Gaming headset mic does not work, nor do any analog microphones or audio interfaces with mics. Why put a port on a notebook that is useless? Now I have to use one of my two usb ports for a usb sound card. This is what I call fraud. Call a port by its proper name. COMBO implies that it is audio in and out. Four pins makes one think MONO MIC, GND, Stereo Audio Left and Right, but NO, the mic does nothing. I am still waiting to hear why it does nothing. HP are totally quiet and it makes me mad. I should not have to hang extra pieces of $#!* on my notebook to get it to work with a simple headset.

1 REPLY 1
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
884 874 84 170
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I use the same stereo earphones with microphone on smart phone and 840 G5 without any issue.

bye,

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation