Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LAPTOP 15-bs1xx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

My Laptop Has really poor sound level.

I have tried raising all sound levels. but nothing seems to help.

Have clicked 'Loudness enhancements' but nothing seems to help.

Pleasehelp as i can hardly run a movie or any music on this Laptop.

Really Frustrating.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@diamondgrail,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding low audio from the computer. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please provide me with the exact product number of the notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you updated the Audio drivers using the HP Support assistant?
Did you remove the Audio drivers using the device manager and then download the original drivers from the official HP Website ?

Have you used an external set of speakers or headphones to check if the volume quality is better ?

For now please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Sound, video and game controllers>then select the audio drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and audio drivers from this link:http://hp.care/2syreDe and check again if the issue gets resolved.
  • Otherwise please perform these steps:

Disable enhancements

- Right-Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording“, Double

click on Microphone.

- Open the Enhancements / Effects Tab.

- Check "Disable All Sound / System Effects“. Click Apply, OK, test the Microphone again.

2. Change format of the Microphone

- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".

- Double click on Microphone.

- Go to the Advanced Tab, choose any of the 16-bit options on the list.

Then check again by restarting the computer. If the issue continues,

Please try these steps:

1. Run Audio Troubleshooter:

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in

Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Check if the microphone isn't disabled:

- Right click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".

- Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".

- Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.

- Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.

3. Check if the microphone isn't muted:

- Right-Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Volume Mixer".

- On the Microphone slider, slide it up to 100%.

4. Boost sensitivity of Microphone:

- Right-Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording".

- Double click on Microphone.

- Open the Levels Tab, move the Microphone boost slider up to check audio.

Please try this step also if nothing works:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.
  • Select the current playback device in use and by default, it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.
  • Go to the Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.
  • Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Istalled sound driver recently.

HP Recommended

Tech's answer not helpful at all. It is video playback that does not work, not the microphone. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.