Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eh0000 (9WD45AV)

The master volume control on my laptop has stopped working. If it is set from 1 to 99%, it is on at full. If it is set to 0% or mute, it is off,

I have tried stopping and restarting the services, restarting the PC, updating the drivers, deleting and reinstalling the device, rolling back the BIOS to a previous version, resetting the PC while keeping my files, doing a full rest of my PC. None of these has made any difference.

If I go to Settings, System, Sound Mixer, I can change the volume of each app and that works fine but the (master) volume slider does nothing except mute the volume when set to zero.

I contacted HP who referred me to Curry's who are their support agent and where I bought the laptop. They said that this model is blacklisted by their repair centres so they won't help.

I have run out of ideas and options. I use my laptop for live events so volume control is essential 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do, other than buying a new non-HP laptop?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Cuthbec, use Driver Booster 10.1 free edition to get all the drivers up to date. It worked for me.

HP Recommended

same problem.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.