Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-19-2020 10:45 PM
HP Pavillion dv7-6b57nr Entertainment Notebook PC
The volume icon does not react at all. It is acting dead. Could be dead or last update from Windows 10 attacked it or it is a Driver thing, which is no longer supported by HP?
So please someone help a 73 y/o lady on SS who obviously cannot buy another computer right now. Thank you.
05-29-2020 04:06 PM
@gypsy2000 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are facing an audio issue.
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community