Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! A recent problem has arisen and I have no idea what to do.

My laptop went into sleep mode after a couple of minutes of inactivity and started acting up. While it was doing this, I just thought it was an automatic update. But when it had finished I tried restarting again, and I saw the "Update and restart" option. I clicked it and it did what it was supposed to do, but still having audio problems. I don't exactly know what that was or if it might help find a solution.

I was watching a YouTube video and suddenly my volume started decreasing. At first, I thought it was the video itself so I started putting my laptop's volume higher, only to see that I reached the max 100 volume but the video's audio was close to mute. The audio itself was playing very low, despite the YouTube video's volume at max, along with my laptop volume at max. Again, I thought it was just the video. So I clicked a couple more videos and they all played at the same very low volume. I googled it and even found an HP Support Forum where someone had a similar problem as me. It was outdated, but I wanted a solution. It wasn't any help. It said I could try troubleshooting or reinstalling some program. I didn't how to uninstall or reinstall the program, so I troubleshot sound problems. I went through sound checks and such, for it to tell me I had to restart my laptop for changes to take effect. I did. And tried playing another random YouTube video. It had normal volume for the first minute until it started decreasing again. I troubleshot a couple more times and tried fiddling with the settings here and there only for the audio to remain very low across all audios. Such as Netflix, Hulu, or a game. I had restarted my device about 8 times in total before deciding to just report it here. I'm not sure what caused this as my audio was working fine throughout the day.

I hope to hear back from someone soon since I use my device quite often. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jayehm,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Try these steps -

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 3 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 4 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.