Jairfortes
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Volume automatically drops

HP Recommended
Pavilion X2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop automatically drops volume in screen and mute button will glow. If I press volume up, it wil try to go down again and will as soon as I let go the button.Problem was solved when I put in the microphone, but now that trick didn't work anymore. It worked one timewhen screen was detached and attached again. However this can not be the solution forever. Laptopalmost two years old but have been treated with care.What can I do? This must be a problem with more HP,but I haveno warranty left.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,848 93,505 12,289 26,126
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jairfortes

What is your Pavilion X2 Detachable  ?  Please download and do a CLEAN install of the following software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88302.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jairfortes
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that did not work. Sometimes when I detache it or plug in the earphone or usb on that side it will work so I don't think it is the software.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation