Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-02-2023 06:04 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
If the volume buttons on your HP 15s-Eq1000 laptop PC are not changing the volume, there are a few potential solutions you can try.
- Restart your laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software issues. Save your work and shut down your laptop completely. Then turn it back on and check if the volume buttons are working.
- Check keyboard settings: Ensure that the keyboard settings on your laptop are configured correctly. Go to the Control Panel or Settings menu, navigate to "Keyboard" or "Keyboard Settings," and check if the volume buttons are enabled and properly assigned.
- Update audio drivers: Outdated or faulty audio drivers can cause issues with volume control. Visit the HP support website and download the latest audio drivers for your laptop model. Install the drivers and restart your laptop.
- Check for software conflicts: Sometimes, third-party applications can interfere with the volume control functionality. Temporarily disable any recently installed software or applications that might be conflicting with the volume buttons. Restart your laptop and check if the issue is resolved.
- Physical inspection: Examine the volume buttons on your laptop's keyboard to ensure they are not physically damaged or stuck. If you notice any issues, such as debris or damage, contact HP support or a certified technician for assistance.
- Use alternative volume control methods: In the meantime, you can control the volume through the operating system's volume control panel. Look for the speaker icon in the taskbar, click on it, and adjust the volume slider to your desired level.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community