01-01-2018 08:25 PM
My volume keeps going down by itself. It doesn't show the volume on the volume bar, but when listening to movies, it just gets quieter. Pausing it and playing the video gets the volume back, but it does it again after I do that. What should I do?
01-02-2018 02:03 PM
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I'll be glad to help you :)
As I understand the volume keeps going down on its own,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Did you make changes to the audio settings?
Here’s a few things you could attempt:
By default, Windows automatically enables microphones and line-in ports. Use the following steps to set the microphone/line-in port to be the default port and to configure the recording levels:
If the Recording tab in the sound window is not selected, open the Sound window and click the Recording tab using the instructions in Step
Your desktop or notebook PC configuration may include different components then shown here.
Figure : Example desktop PC with a Realtek on-board audio hardware configuration)
- Microphone port -
- Line In - Working
- Digital In (S/PDIF port) - Working
- Stereo Mix (Software mixer) -
- If multiple microphones or line-in ports are available, select the port that you want to use. Click Set Default to make this device the default audio input device.
- If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name and select Enable.
- With the device selected, click Properties, and then click the Levels tab.
- Adjust the slider to 75.
- If Mute is on, click the mute button to un-mate the device. The mute button should show as a blue speaker without a red circle.
- If Microphone Boost is available, adjust to +20.0 dB.
- Click OK to make the changes.
- Test the microphone using the instructions in Step 1 to determine if Windows is able to detect a signal for the microphone or line-in being used. If you have performed all the steps and the microphone or source device still does not work, the audio ports or sound hardware on the computer might be bad.
If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you,
feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee