Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Help, please. My laptop keeps making static noises whenever the audio is playing on my laptop. It just started out of nowhere. I troubleshot with a Microsoft agent and they helped me update my driver and reinstall some updates. But nothing worked, if you know anything, please help. I would just ignore the noise, but the sound is really frustrating because the static is louder at times. I really liked my laptop so far, so I am really sad that I am struggling with this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@joey2324, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

1. Check the last time the audio was working fine and perform a System Restore before that date     

2. Check the volume.           

3. Check with an  external Headphone, if it works then Goto Sound> Playback> check Show Disabled devices> Check if speakers are disabled 

3. If external headphone does not work then try the following        

4. Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager and install the Latest Drivers       

5. Update BIOS, UAA Drivers, and Audio Drivers          

Isolate OS related issues by swapping the HDD with a good known unit / Reinstall OS      

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.