Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4120ca (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre x360 - 13-4120ca  does not recognize my wired headphones or my wired earbuds, although they work fine with other devices. They have 3.55 mm plugs. Neither of them contains a microphone. I have installed audio drivers but that still hasn't fixed the problem. I would appreciate any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Steve_Mark.

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Spectre X360 does not recognize wired headphones.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Make sure your headphones are plugged in properly, they are compatible with an HP laptop, and that the volume is up. Set your headphones as the default speaker option.
  • Make sure your headphone is connected to your PC. Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area of your taskbar, and then click Sounds. If your headphone is not listed n the Playback tab, right-click the blank area and select Show Disabled Devices. Then your device should show up.
  • Hope you are using the same size of headphones, also check inside the headphone port on the laptop if it has anything stuck inside and clean the port.

• Lastly, try your headphones on another PC, iPod, or audio device to make sure the headphone jack is correct.

• If it works in everything else there is most likely something blocking the jack or you are connecting it to the wrong port.

• If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue with the jack on your laptop.

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.