Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Unknown

any update to this issue?  i have had to dial back to driver ver. 8351 for it to not kill my CPU and battery...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I solved it with a factory reset.

HP Recommended

awesome...something i would like to avoid.  i guess for now i will stay on driver 8351.

HP Recommended

I updated to the Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.8648 abpout a week ago and haven't seen the problem yet.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Realtek%20Audio%20Driver%206.0.1.8648

A bunch will show up ... look for the ones sized 143.8 MB ...

If you click in the name on the left, an information dialog will pop up.

In that dialog, click on the "Package details" tab - the one you need will list "dev_0295" in the "Supported hardware IDs" pane.

When you find it, close the window and click the "Download" button on the right side.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  i see 3 drivers at 143.8MB and each supports dev_0295 products, albeit just one ONLY supports dev_0295, (the one for "Windows 10 Creators update and later")...there are two more drivers that have support for dev_0295 listed, one for "Windows 10 Fall Creators update and later" and one for "Windows 10 version 1803 and later".

HP Recommended

Both those drivers work.

They are actually the same - which you will see if you click on the download link and see that the filename hash is the same for both.

Windows Update Catalog is a bit of a mess 😕

HP Recommended

thanks!  i'll give it a go.  i would guess since this is a more current version of the driver Windows Update won't try to force back to 8437

HP Recommended

unfortunately the 6.0.1.8648 driver is still driving the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation CPU usage a bit high...hangs out about 12-16%, which is better, but it is still running that fan a lot.  i'll let it go a while to see if it settles at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.