Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ZBOOK 14u G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i am a company system administrator with lots of HP Zbook 14u G6 in our environment. - After installing regular Windows 10 updates (and drivers) via Windows Update we see our Zbook 14u G6 suddenly loosing their realtek audio devices / audio playback compatibility. - There is a yellow exclamation mark in the device manager at the device "Intel Smart Sound Technology - OED"  and a "Code 10" error, the Realtek audio device is not listed anymore in the device manager.

I first tried a win10 system recovery to the point before the updates were installed, but the system recovery process fails. -

Then i tried an "hp audio problem analysis"-wizard from the hp website, but no success with that tool. After that i tried to install the following drivers from the HP driver website: Latest Realtek Audio driver, latest Zbook 14u G6 BIOS, latest Intel ME Firmware but no success at the moment, no realtek audio device is actively present in the device manager and the Code 10 error at the "Intel Smart Sound Technology - OED" device stays. - I found a forum thread via google search where someone stated enabling Intel AMT/vPro in the hp bios has fixed this issue for him, but our Zbook 14u G6 with Core i5 processor are not compatible with Intel AMT/vPro, so this solution is not possible for me to test.

Anyone else with this problem ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Found a temporary fix: The Code 10 error is on the device "Intel Smart Sound Technology - OED". - You can fix this error in the device manager, by looking on the device entry just one device before the problematic device, its called something like "Intel Smart Sound Technology Audio device" and has no error, but changing this device manually back to the older driver fixes the error with the other device, and the audio playback starts working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.