Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook 2000 pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

audio not functioning properly

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DK247

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows has all the latest updates

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

still the problem persists.

hardware works fine,

driver also placed upto date

but both are not linking properly.

i'm seeing that under sound menu playback tab no audio devices are installed sound.JPGsoun.JPG

i dont know what to do

HP Recommended

@DK247

Did you run the Audio Test from F2 diagnostic to confirm the Hardware Functionality?

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio

If the Test passes, please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289 to perform a Reset

Let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for suggesting I run the F2 test on the audio functions. I did that and they passed.

I then went to the link you suggested to perform a reset, and I have to admit that one makes me nervous. It doesn't specify which version of Windows 10 will be reinstalled. It seemed like a very dangerous thing to do.

Can't HP just get an updated audio driver from the manufacturer? Because the only drivers I have seen on the HP site for my Realtek hardware are not for this new version of Windows 10 (1809.)

And if the reset does roll back to the previous version of Windows 10 so that the current Realtek drivers for Windows 10 - 1803 do work, then I would have to prevent windows 10 update from running until there was a new driver anyway. And it's not easy to get Windows 10 to stop updating. 

HP Recommended

yes it passed the hardware test

but no improvement

the link you provided directs me to windows 10 resetting

but mine - windows 7 professional (64 bit)

should i've to go on

or if anyother solutions left kindly provide them.

(do i've to reinstall my os - if necessary kindly let me know)

thank you in advance

HP Recommended

@DK247

Since you have Windows 7 you can perform the System Recovery back to Factory Settings. 

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.