Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 470 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey helpful people!

Hp Probook 470 G4 Laptop, I7 7500, 16GB, Win 10 1903

Problem: bluetooth headphones (JBL Tune 500BT) have bad quality, stuttering, break-offs (spotify). No such problems when operated on my mobile phone.

• Tried: updating BIOS from 7.0.0 to 7.4.0  (recommended update via HP site - result: WDF_violation bluescreen upon connecting bluetooth headphones
  •  tried to solve by that HP recommendation rename HpqKbFiltr.sys into ....bak - result: no keyboard or mouse upon startup. Solved by renaming file back in startup options (ESC key upon startup)
  • tried: updating intel bluetooth driver to sp101769. No effect.
  • tried updating conexant HD audio driver sp99955 - no effect.

I'd be so happy if anyone had a solution for this bluetooth-going-bluescreen problem.

Thank you so much in advance,

Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turning off hardware acceleration in the spotify menu solved the problem. No idea why this should do the trick, bur for me, it did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Tried uninstalling the BT-device from device manager, so Windows would automatically download and install the driver. No effect. Still WDF_violation when I hit the connect button in the bluetooth system window. 

Update: back to original status (bad BT quality) after updating Windows. WDF violation gone, still interrupts.

HP Recommended

Update: BT works when I play music via foobar2000, an mp3 software. So the problem must lie with the interaction between the BT driver and spotify! 

Maybe this helps.

HP Recommended

Turning off hardware acceleration in the spotify menu solved the problem. No idea why this should do the trick, bur for me, it did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.