Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

on my Spectre 360X model no. 13AW0013dx the bluetooth is not working.  The troubleshooter says it is, the device is paired, the driver is up to date and still it is not working.  I bought it in Feb. 2019 and already had to do a reset back to factory defaults of Windows 10.  I do not know if it was working before that, but it is not working now.

The Bluetooth driver version is Intel 21.70.0.3 

Network Adapter driver is Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mhz

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@McGoon Here are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

1) Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter, and follow the instructions.

2) Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
  2. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
  3. Select the Start  button, then select Power  > Shut down.
  4. After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver. 
  5. If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes

If the issue persists, update the wireless card and BIOS drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not see anything that resembles Bluetooth adapter (nothing with the word radio in it)  Here is a list of all that opens in the menu of bluetooth:

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Bluetooth LE Generic Attribute Service (listed 4 times)

Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R)

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

I have used the troubleshooter several times and it says it found issues and now says fixed, but still does not work.

HP Recommended

@McGoon The word radio may or may not be a part of it as mentioned earlier, nevertheless, I suggest you reinstall the wireless adapter on your device as the Bluetooth is a part of the wireless card, once done, restart the computer, check if it works, if not, update the BIOS and wireless adapter from the HP website: click here to find and install the same. (same as before)

Let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In Network Adapters in Device Manager, I found this:  Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 16- MHz

Is this the Bluetooth Adapter you are talking about?

HP Recommended

@McGoon Yes, that's the adapter that controls both wireless and Bluetooth, 

let me know how that goes.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

downloaded the driver for the Bluetooth adapter and updated the BIOS driver and Bluetooth still not working.  The icon is present in the task bar and troubleshooter finds no problem

HP Recommended

@McGoon I suggest you create a new user account and check if that helps, if not, please backup all personal data and perform a system reset: click here for instructions.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Spoiler
A new user account did not help and, rather than backing up my data, I did a reset without it.  Bluetooth still not working
HP Recommended

update to last post...I decided to back everything up to OneDrive and did a total reset of the computer, and Bluetooth is still not working.  Did all the Windows updates, and checked the drivers for Bluetooth and adapter to see if they were up to date.

what is next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.