Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0047tx
Microsoft Windows 11

crackling sounds are coming from my speaker

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Aniket2001,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing crackling sounds coming from your HP speaker, it can be quite bothersome. Here are a series of steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue:

1. Check Physical Connections

• Ensure that all cables connected to the speaker are firmly plugged in. Loose connections can cause crackling sounds.
  • If you're using external speakers, try connecting them to another device to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the speakers or the computer.

2. Update Audio Drivers

• Outdated or corrupted audio drivers can lead to sound issues. Visit the HP Support website, find your model, and download the latest audio drivers.
  • Alternatively, you can update drivers through the Device Manager in Windows. Right-click on the Start menu, select Device Manager, find your audio device, right-click on it, and select "Update driver."

3. Change Audio Formats

• Sometimes, the selected audio format may not be fully compatible with your speakers. You can change the audio format by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. Then, select your speaker, click on Properties, go to the Advanced tab, and try different formats from the dropdown.

4. Disable Audio Enhancements

• Audio enhancements can sometimes interfere with sound quality. You can disable them by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound, selecting your speaker, clicking on Properties, and navigating to the Enhancements tab. Check the box that says "Disable all enhancements" or "Disable all sound effects."

5. Check for Interference

• Electrical interference from nearby devices can also cause crackling sounds. Try moving other electronic devices away from your speaker or computer to see if it resolves the issue.

6. Use the HP Support Assistant

• HP computers often come with HP Support Assistant software, which can automatically find and fix issues. Running this tool might help diagnose and solve the speaker problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.