Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs179tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my PC runs on windows 10 64 bit build 1803 after updating the OS on same build it kills my sound of laptop means there is no audio driver installed in it. after i manually installed it then it gives issues that sound is not in HD quality means there is no mid as well as low frequency in sound . i try every single solution to fix it for eg. updating from Intel and Microsoft official site, disabling and then enabling,manually installing,trouble shooting etc. if i play any media then sound comes in both laptop speaker as well as in headphone in poor quality so i think that my OS is not supporting it so i decide to update my OS to windows 10 64 bit build 1909 but nothing happens the problem continues. i check my device manager then it shows 'detection verification' in other devices then i check it by connection then it takes to me intel(r) SST OED(it has some error symbol before it) i try to update as well as manually install it but nothing happen. it says to visit manufacturer site please help me to fix my sound 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@koras Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue with the audio.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

First, uninstall the audio drivers and install the latest audio drivers.

Please click the below link to update the Audio drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101998.exe

Then update the Chipset drivers.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101593.exe

Finally, update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Check for the windows update as well.

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.