Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-D103TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello sir

previously i have instaled dolby advance driver v2 but when i tried to install dolby home theater v4 the new vesion. for that i unistall the older  one now i'm unable to install any of the driver 

when i try to install dolby home theare or dolby advance v2 there's error like  " need to install PCEE frist "

and when i try to install PCEE the setup end with peramuterly

help me APSP   ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @iiiiirahuliii,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More 

I grasp you are having an issue with the installation of the Dolby home theater V4.  You were able to uninstall the old driver but not install the updated driver.

As Dolby does not have drivers, I am assuming you are trying to update a driver from the HP website.

Dolby Home Theater v4

Here is a link to the software and driver page for your notebook.   HP 15-d103tx Notebook PC Software and Drivers

You can use the Check Now option to have it auto detect any applicable software and drivers for your system.

Please verify that you have the Cyberlink PowerDVD and Power Media Player Software installed.

I did note that you got the message you need to install PCEE first but the installation fails.

Here is a link from the WindowsSevenForum that may help.  "PCEE needs to be installed" when trying to enable Dolby Home Theater.

If that does not work I would try a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

When I checked the specifications for your notebook I noticed that it came with Free Dos.

HP 15-d103tx Notebook PC - Product Specifications

Have you done all your Windows updates?

If none of the above has helped, I suggest you do a fresh installation of your Windows.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hello sir,

HP Recommended

Hi @iiiiirahuliii,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More 

I grasp you are having an issue with the installation of the Dolby home theater V4.  You were able to uninstall the old driver but not install the updated driver.

As Dolby does not have drivers, I am assuming you are trying to update a driver from the HP website.

Dolby Home Theater v4

Here is a link to the software and driver page for your notebook.   HP 15-d103tx Notebook PC Software and Drivers

You can use the Check Now option to have it auto detect any applicable software and drivers for your system.

Please verify that you have the Cyberlink PowerDVD and Power Media Player Software installed.

I did note that you got the message you need to install PCEE first but the installation fails.

Here is a link from the WindowsSevenForum that may help.  "PCEE needs to be installed" when trying to enable Dolby Home Theater.

If that does not work I would try a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎

When I checked the specifications for your notebook I noticed that it came with Free Dos.

HP 15-d103tx Notebook PC - Product Specifications

Have you done all your Windows updates?

If none of the above has helped, I suggest you do a fresh installation of your Windows.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply but i tried all the solution u mention  but cant  install v4   but i got my older version back FROM WINDOWS  recovery 

now i got issue with windows app non of the window app open even window setting if u can help in this it would be great  

do i have to install Cyberlink PowerDVD and Power Media Player Software  i think it is media player like VLC  ?

AND  i  try to refresh my laptop by windows refresh but i got error whish is on folliwing imageCapture.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi @iiiiirahuliii,

Thank you for your reply.

From your post I see you received the error that the refresh option is not installed.

Here is a link that may help if you retry. HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 😎.

If you are still unable to do the refresh you will need to do a recovery back to factory.

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 😎.  There will be an option to backup your personal files to prevent data loss during the recovery, if you have not yet done one.

HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 😎

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

i apology  for late reply ,

m'am as my above post you can see i cant refresh my laptop 

do i have to install all my softwere and driver after perfoming recovery step ?

HP Recommended

IDK if my Audio is even working with dolby even though i have the driver

and all it says is "Unable to start dolby audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.