Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I was able to use skype until I was recently messing around with the recoding tab under the sound options.  I believe I deleted something, and now only the external mic and stereo mix devices show.  I didn't discover the problem until I tried to use skype again and have no mic available.  I went into the IDT HD Sound options (trying to figure out how to fix it) and can see that there is an integrated microphone array, but it appears to be disabled with appearent way to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

On Sound Window, on Recording Tab, right click on Empty Space, click 'Show Disabled Devices', and 'Show Hidden Devices'.

If Microphone Appears, right click and click Enable, select it, click Set as Default.

Check if it works, if not, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Driver.

1. Click Start, type: DEVMGMT.MSC in Search Field and Press Enter. It opens Device Maanger Window.
2. Go to 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' category, and expand it. Right click on IDT High Definition Audio Device entry and click Uninstall

3. Click Start->All Programs=>REcovery Manager->click Hardware Dirver installation, select Sound Driver entry, and click Install.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

On Sound Window, on Recording Tab, right click on Empty Space, click 'Show Disabled Devices', and 'Show Hidden Devices'.

If Microphone Appears, right click and click Enable, select it, click Set as Default.

Check if it works, if not, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Driver.

1. Click Start, type: DEVMGMT.MSC in Search Field and Press Enter. It opens Device Maanger Window.
2. Go to 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' category, and expand it. Right click on IDT High Definition Audio Device entry and click Uninstall

3. Click Start->All Programs=>REcovery Manager->click Hardware Dirver installation, select Sound Driver entry, and click Install.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Thanks! You are a star!!!

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. It works perfectly now. God Bless, Norm
HP Recommended

We are trying to use skype with my HP Pavilion dv7.  However, the microphone is not working on my laptop.  I can hear the person I am trying to talk to but they can't hear me.  What do I do?

Thanks

Sophia

HP Recommended
Hi, I thried your first suggestion but no improvement. I then looked at the driver solution but when I inspected the devices I found 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' and not DEVICE. Is the DEVICE driver missing? thanks in advance Les
HP Recommended

Dear Kiran:

I followed your instructions as best I could but with no effect.

I followed the first two points and (believe) I uninstalled the driver.

Some questions: 

- under point 3: the "REcovery manager" is the "HP recovery manager," correct?

- I didn't see any "hardware driver" so instead installed the "audio driver." 

Ahen I checked back with the integrated microphone, I was told the driver was installed. What I don't know is what happened in between.

Any comments?

Best,

John

HP Recommended
You are the best! Worked perfect! Now, do you have any solutions as to how I can grow my hair back from trying to figure this out myself?? Thank you,again!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I followed the instructions given in this thread, but the integrated microphone array still gives no output after reinstalling the device driver.  What to try next?

Arthur

HP Recommended

I tried the suggestions posted earlier, but Skype is still refusing to recognize the microphone on my dv7.  I went to Device Manager and the correct driver is installed; I went to Sound on the Control Panel and the little green bar lit up appropriately when I spoke to my computer. Why is Skype being so mean to me? HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.