Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
1 REPLY 1
02-19-2020 11:59 AM
@VENKYCHENDE Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that after updating the BIOS audio is not working.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
When was working before?
Please perform the below steps and check for the issue.
Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.
If the issue still persists, perform the below steps and check.
- Open Device Manager (Open the start menu, type Device Manager and press enter) and select System Devices (close to the end of the list).
- Locate Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (SST).
- Right-click and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- Choose browse my computer for driver software and then Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and select High Definition Audio.
- Click Next.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (SST) driver will disappear and you should have Audio back.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community