Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
1 REPLY 1
05-29-2021 12:40 AM
Hi@Ondari, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Apologies for all the inconvenience!
Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix :-
- Check if the applications can access your microphone:
- Go to Start → Settings → Privacy → Microphone.
- Click Change to enable microphone access for the device in use.
- Under “Allow apps to access your microphone”, switch the toggle to the right to allow applications to use the microphone.
- If the previous steps have solved the problem you must adjust your computer settings to prevent this from happening again:
- Open your “File Explorer” and click on Control Panel. Next, click on Hardware and Sound and then click on Sound.
- Click on the Recording tab, select your microphone (i.e. “Headset mic”, “Internal mic”, etc.) and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab. Click on the checkmark in the box next to "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" to remove the checkmark from the box. Then click Apply.
- Access the sound settings from the Control Panel. The location of this setting varies depending on your Windows version:
Mac Audio Settings
If your computer is running a Mac OS, check to make sure your headsets are compatible with Apple products. Macs use a different type of microphone input technology compared to other operating systems. This means that, even if you are using a headset with a built-in microphone, your Mac may not detect it and instead use the computer’s internal microphone.
An easy way to check if your headset is Mac-compatible is to plug it them in and go to System Preferences → Sound → Input tab. If your computer is picking up the microphone from your headset, it should read “External Microphone”:
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community