Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 2560P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

there is no sound after installing windows 10. I've tried windows 8, 8.1 and 7 64-bit drivers and i've updated the bios with windows 7 and i tried to reset the laptop... but it doesn't work.

is there another solution??

thank you in advance.

apparatbeheer.PNGsp.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is probably no solution to the problem as it is a known issue with most HP business notebooks with the IDT audio where there are no W10 drivers.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 IDT audio driver from the HP 242 G2 business notebook and see if that works.  It works for some models and for some, it doesn't.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

If it doesn't work, there is one other thing you can try...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Select the Driver tab.
3. Click on the Update Driver button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.

HP Recommended

Thank you but it doesn't work.

the driver SP71886 doesn't support. i've also tried in compatibility modes.

doesnotsupport.PNG

with the 2th solution: the mute/unmute button is now Orange but on the windows is it normall and there is also no sound.

any other solution to try?

thank you for in advance

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, those are the only two suggestions I had for you to try.

You will find many posts related to this problem, and I think your best option would be to return to W7.

HP Recommended

yes, i think that's the latest option to fall back to windows 7. Thank you

maybe there is another one who can help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.