Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-25-2019 11:14 AM - edited 04-25-2019 11:16 AM
there is no sound after installing windows 10. I've tried windows 8, 8.1 and 7 64-bit drivers and i've updated the bios with windows 7 and i tried to reset the laptop... but it doesn't work.
is there another solution??
thank you in advance.
04-25-2019 11:37 AM
There is probably no solution to the problem as it is a known issue with most HP business notebooks with the IDT audio where there are no W10 drivers.
The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 IDT audio driver from the HP 242 G2 business notebook and see if that works. It works for some models and for some, it doesn't.
If it doesn't work, there is one other thing you can try...
Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.
1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Select the Driver tab.
3. Click on the Update Driver button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.
04-25-2019 12:22 PM
Thank you but it doesn't work.
the driver SP71886 doesn't support. i've also tried in compatibility modes.
with the 2th solution: the mute/unmute button is now Orange but on the windows is it normall and there is also no sound.
any other solution to try?
thank you for in advance