Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy notebook 13-ab021tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

I have encountered an issue with the audio button, particularly f7 anf f8. Just yesterday, the audio system seems to be working perfectly. However, when i tried to on the audio today, the volume was at the max and no matter how i tried to adjust it, the volume just stays the same. Seems like the f7 and f8 button just doesnt work!!!

However, when i adjusted the audio to "0", the sound got muted. When it got to "1", the volume went back to the maximum.

Product name: HP Envy Notebook 13-ab021tu

Thanks for your help! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @AgnesL,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand audio button, f7 and f8 is not functioning

Follow the below instruction.

Click here to download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

once the update is done, restart the computer and follow the below steps.

1. Click the Start button, then click Run.   

2. In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG.   

3. Press the ENTER key.   

4. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.   

5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.   

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.